Our Tower Clock
"So teach us to number our days, that we might get a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12
Our tower clock is a Seth-Thomas, which was purchased in 1903 through a gift from the estate of John Dietrich. It cost $525, a year's wages for an entry level factory worker at that time. In 1988 the clock was restored and moved from the top of the tower. This was made possible through gifts from Mr. & Mrs. OJ Schorr & Children and the Sons of Edwin & Flora Borchelt. Brass clocks of this craftmanship were built to last several hundred years. When the restoration was complete, they trained 3 generations on how to maintain the clock.